Cell Savings Canada
*** Please read these instructions carefully. You must follow each step exactly or you may not be eligible for our special rates ***
• This is ONLY POSSIBLE with BYOD (Bring Your Own Device). Any unlocked or Telus/Koodo compatible phone will work. We can unlock ANDROID phonesby clicking here.
Step 1: Visit Telus
Visit any Telus authorized retailer, including:
• Official Telus Kiosks and other phone kiosks
• Any other authorized Telus retailer (Best Buy, etc.)
Step 2: Activate a New Number (Special Note: If you are an existing POSTPAID Telus customer you can skip this step. You will end up with a NEW number)
• We can only modify 1 line per account - make sure to open up separate accounts if you want multiple numbers modified!
• Activate a NEW BYOD POSTPAID plan of your choice with a NEW phone number. Pick THE CHEAPEST NO DATA postpaid plan - make sure it is NOT a prepaid plan (pay in advance).
• DO NOT transfer over your current number if you want to keep it. Pick any NEW number at the store. If you accidentally port in your number in store you will lose it.
• Please ensure you have tested the new sim card/phone at least once in your phone.
Step 2.5: If you want to PORT EXISTING NUMBER or a SPECIFIC AREA CODE - extra 139$ one time fee
• Buy a second Telus SIM Card but DO NOT ACTIVATE IT in the store. Just buy the SIM card and set it aside for later use (tell the store it is for a business line if they inquire). This is where your number will end up when we finish - make sure it will fit your phone.
• Skip this step if you are OK with us providing a non-local area code to you for FREE.
Step 3: Create a Self-Serve Account
• Once you get home from the store, create a Telus Self-Serve account online. This is required before moving onto the next step. Visit https://www.telus.com/my-account/to register a self-serve account.
Step 4 : Send us the Details IMMEDIATELY
• Please visit cellsavings.ca/account-submission.html and enter your account information IMMEDIATELY. Once we receive the information we will provide you with an ETA on when your plan will be changed. The changes can take several days (3-12 on average)
• If we are porting in a number from another provider for you, it will AUTOMATICALLY cancel that provider's plan when we are finished. Keep using the old providers sim/plan and do not end your service with them until our process is complete.
Step 5: Completion and Payment - One Time Charge (NO TAX!)
• Once we have completed providing you with the new number/plan, we will provide you with payment instructions. You do not have to pay until you verify and are satisfied. However, please make the payment in a timely manner to avoid plan cancellation. We accept payment via e-transfer ONLY.
Now that you are aware of our process – you must have many questions. While we love to answer all inquiries, we are extremely busy and it may take some time for us to answer. Please take a look at the following resources for answers and insight into our services:
• Our website's Question Page: cellsavings.ca/questions.html
• Reviews Online
Read our instructions below for your next steps. We advise NOT SHARING this with any Telus Reps as we are saving you hundreds of dollars a year by applying a discount and they may not be happy about it!
Plans by John. Text: 647-332-SAVE (7283) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org